Study Visa in Schengen

Study Visa in Schengen

Study Visa in Schengen

documents need Schengen Student Visa?

The mandatory documents required to obtain a Long-Term D-type Student Visa are:

  • Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 12 months validity left after the scheduled return)around the world
  • 1 copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
  • 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications
  • Cover letter from applicant explaining the exact purpose and duration of stay
  • Letter of admisssion from university
  • Proof of payment of study fees, if applicable
  • Proof of language proficiency in English and/or the language of the host country
  • Proof of other academic qualifications, if applicable
  • Proof of financial means to cover the costs for the time of your studies by one of the following documents:
  • “Verpflichtungserklärung” (formal obligation letter) by sponsor living in Germany
  • Confirmation of scholarship/ stipend
  • Travel health insurance covering the period from your departure to the date of enrolment at the university (mentioned in your letter of admission) (approx. 3 months)

Employment Opportunity:

Working while in a country on a student visa is against the law without securing an employment visa from your host government. Therefore, you can combine studying with work. For example, in France, the law authorizes foreign students to work 964 hours, which corresponds to 60 percent of normal working hours. However, part-time work will not be sufficient to cover all your expenses and should be considered as a secondary source of income. Violating these rules could seriously jeopardize your studies and future employment prospects, as breaking local immigration laws may result in a travel ban.

Where do I obtain the form to apply for a Student Visa?

A Student Schengen Visa form should be available from the website of the consulate of the country or visa application center you are applying to visit.